WGBY is pleased to announce a second season of TOGETHER IN SONG, and the groups who will be participating in this season’s show and festival.
Last year’s premiere season, hosted by Kevin Rhodes, Music Director of the Springfield Symphony Orchestra, showcased the talents of over 1600 singers of 47 choirs throughout the WGBY viewing area. The TOGETHER IN SONG website had over one hundred thousand page visits and the live broadcast finale was one of WGBY’s highest rated shows in 2011! We want this year’s season to be as exciting and as representative of the wealth of choral music tradition in Western New England as last year’s.
- Hilltown Charter School
- Hampshire Young People’s Chorus Junior Choir
- Hampshire Young People’s Chorus Concert Choir
- South Hadley 7th and 8th Grade Chorus
- Nessacus Middle School Choir
- Erving Elementary School Chorus
- Childrens Chorus of Spfld
- Edward P Boland Elementary School Chorus
- Young Singers of Greater Westfield – Senior Division
- Hartsbrook School Chorus
- South Hadley High School Concert Choir
- The Minnechaug Regional High School Madrigal Singers
- Hampshire Regional High School Chamber Singers
- Spectrum (PVPA)
- Deerfield Academy Madrigal Choir
- Tonal Tenacity (Agawam)
- Mosaic Harmony (Wilb/Mon)
- Hampshire Regional High School Insingeraiders
- Holyoke High Madrigal Singers
- NMH Singers
- Hurricane Singers, Amherst Regional High School
- The Gin & Tonics (Hampshire)
- MCLA Allegrettos
- Amherst Doo Wop Shop
- Umass Chorale
- The Smith College Smiffenpoofs
- Smith College Glee Club
- Smith College Noteables
- Groove A-Cappella, Smith College
Adult Group, Small
- Schola Nova
- Cantilena Chamber Choir
- The Connotations
- Golden Blue Ribbon Singers
- The Choral Club of Hartford
- Pioneer Valley Chordsmen
- Strike A Chord!
- Green St Brew
- Pioneer Valley Gay Mens Chorus
- First Church of Monson
Adult Group, Large
- Manchester Silk City Chorus
- Mak’hela: The Jewish Chorus of Western MA
- St. John’s Congregational Sanctuary Choir
- Da Camera Singers
Once selected, ensembles will be responsible for preparing a set of approximately 4 minutes duration. This may be one selection or up to three, as long as the total duration is approximately 4 minutes. Instrumental accompaniment will be limited to piano, or small acoustic instruments held by singers.
Performances will be taped in WGBY’s Springfield studios throughout the months of January and February, 2012 (Monday through Wednesday evenings, or Saturday day-time if needed). There will be enough time for several “takes” of your performance.
“Together in Song: A celebration of Choral Music in Western New England” will premiere in the spring of 2012, and will air on Saturday evenings. Each episode will feature choral groups from all categories. As the season unfolds, judges and viewers will vote for finalists – who will perform in a spectacular, 2-day festival which will be broadcast live April 21-22, 2012.
Semi-finals and Finale
All participating groups must be ready to perform in the semi-finals and finale in the event that they are selected by the judges. Due to time constraints, the time between notification (April 11) and the live semi-final/finale performances (April 21- April 22) is short. Therefore we recommend that directors select and prepare their set for the semi-finals before April 11. Choirs may repeat material from the TV series, but are encouraged to present new material for the semi-final and/or finale.